Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to Brewing


Wow! That picture was taken back in 1994. Fourteen years ago! Back then I was brewing almost every week, 15 gallons at a time. 750 gallons of beer a year; that's around 8000 glasses. Funny thing is, I blame the BBQ for the weight gain! :)

My buddy Brendan from Transformer BBQ has recently expressed some interest in home brewing. So I started looking at my old brew notes and old pictures. I started going through some old recipes and really got the bug again. Now, when I wake up in the morning I think: Centennial IPA, Lakeside Lager, Dead Kenny's Porter, and I Want a Monkey Double Bock. These were some of the beers I used to brew. But, the beer I brewed more often than any of these was simply called: Strong Ale. It was the beer most requested by regulars to the brewery. It's also the beer that I brew when I have not brewed in a while and let me tell ya, I have not brewed in a while. Looking at my notes it's been since November of 2007, almost one year. Too long, much too long. I can predict a trip to the home brew store this week, maybe two...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Ted Lorson said...

Looking forward to trying some of the finished product. I have never tried any of your home brew yet!

Lakeside Smoker said...

There is a good chance this next batch will be ready by Westport.

YankeeBBQ said...

Can we run that through the harpoon trophy tap thingamabob ?

Lakeside Smoker said...

That can ABSOLUTELY happen!!!!

Lunchmeat's or ISS's?

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Make sure you save some for Sayville. Or better yet, make a new batch.

Anonymous said...

ISS's there's already a hose and fitting hooked up to it