Wednesday, November 12, 2008

(Can't Wait To) Try This Beer

After the NEBS BOD meeting Monday night, my good friend Jed handed me a plastic supermarket bag and said "here Mike, open this up when you get home." It felt cold and was in the shape of a bottle. I was intrigued and wanted to open it right there, but I waited. The second I got in the car I opened up the plastic bag: Trappist Westvleteren. In the beer world this is gold! As good as it gets; a true Trappist beer directly from the Abbey. Not Belgian style, but Belgian beer. This beer is exclusive and very difficult to get outside of Belgium. I have never had it...but soon that will change. I don't know when or where I'll be drinking it. All I can think of is that scene from the movie Sideways, when the guy's all alone in the diner drinking his treasured wine out of a plastic cup. Great scene, so much symbolism...come to think of it, today would be a good day to enjoy a Trappist Westvleteren.

So, thanks Jed! You've made this Beer Geek very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jed is THE MAN!

Transformer BBQ said...

I think you have a drinking problem