Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lunch


Smoked 1/2 chicken, corn bread, potato and macaroni salad, from Goody Cole's in Brentwood, NH.

I was working up in Exeter, NH today. On the way to the job site I passed Goody Cole's on RT. 125 in Brentwood, NH. It was around 8:30 am and I noticed a truck in the parking lot and smoke coming out of the smoke stack. That's always a good sign at a BBQ joint.

I arrived for lunch at 1:30 pm. As soon as I jumped out of the work truck I could smell that unmistakable aroma of real pit BBQ, something Goody Cole's does very well. I usually get the pork ribs but figured I'd try something else. The 1/2 chicken sounded like a great item for lunch. The bird was moist and flavorful, and very smoky. At Goody Cole's they use all wood for the heat source, no propane or electric assist at all. So the food, by design, is very smoky.

There are so many 'BBQ' places out there nowadays doing oven roasted meats, slathering them with sauces, and then passing it off as BBQ. It's nice to see that someone still takes the time to light a fire and cooks with it! Thanks for a great lunch.

No comments: