Friday, March 5, 2010

The Snowshoe Grilling Challenge

This Saturday Kris and I will be competing in Abington, MA at the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge. This event is in it's 17th year! This will be Lakeside Smokers' 4th year competing there. Typically, we don't do very well in grilling comps, and the Snowshoe is no exception. We have got a couple of calls over the years, but I don't think we've ever managed to get in the top half overall. But that's okay, it's a real fun event. A great chance to see everyone again, shake off the rust, and start cooking. Don't get me wrong, I cook outside over flame all year long. But, packing up all your gear and cooking in a parking lot is a whole different ball game. It's great practice for the upcoming BBQ season. Here are some pics of failed attempts from previous years:

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

Spicy Breakfast Fatty

Cedar Planked Salmon

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hmmm, they all look good to me.