Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm Just Hoping They're on Vacation

This is one of my favorite places to get pho. It's in the belly of Lawrence, MA; a little gritty, a little rough, and uncompromising. Perfect. This place has been open for as far back as I can remember. But it's only been recently that I have discovered just how good it is...or was? For the past two weeks the big steel doors have been shut tight. No activity, no notes on the door, and no ones answering the phones. It's a little baffling to me because every time I've gone there, it's been real busy. People slurping, smiling, and enjoying great food. Fast service, so it was perfect for lunch. And as with most Vietnamese noodle restaurants, the prices are astoundingly cheap. So, I'm optimistically hoping that the next time I drive by, those big steel doors will be open, I'll sit at my table by the window, and I'll cherish that bowl of noodles just a little more...

1 comment:

Jared Huizenga said...

They may be taking some time off to celebrate their New Year. But I don't know...doesn't look good.